On this page:
Entry Into the Building
Accessible entry level of Upjohn Library Commons with a push button accessible door at the east entrance. The Circulation desk is to the left when you enter the building.
To the right of the entrance is the Reference Desk. Behind the desk there are computers and printers. Computers and printers on this floor are for use by Kalamazoo College students, faculty, and staff only. The center of the floor at the end of the lobby contains the main staircase.
The following spaces are labeled in a clockwise direction from the bottom right on the Floor 1 map.
The first floor is not a quiet floor.
- Book Club Café (blue dining chairs hold up to 300 pounds)
- Circulation desk with return drop box
- Copy center
- Media Services
- Production Studio Office
- Production Studio;
- Center for New Media Design
- Video Editing Lab
- Audio Studio
- Wheelchair accessible all gender restroom
- Wheelchair accessible women’s restroom
- Staff space
- Computing Help Desk
- Computing training room 118
- Learning commons group and individual study tables (green and orange wheeled chairs hold up to 300 pounds)
- Director of Science, Math, Business and Economics (SMBE) Learning Centers Office
- Writing Center office
- Learning Support Specialist and ESL Coordinator Office
- Reference Librarian offices
- Writing Center