The Library recently implemented a faculty communication survey. Given the feedback, here are some things we are doing:
- The Library will communicate with faculty through direct email, posting information on our website, and meeting one on one or with departments any time.
- Faculty will receive a courtesy notice three days before an item is due, and reminders when the item is 7, 14, and 21 days overdue. The faculty loan period for books is six months with three renewals (total of two years).
- The new OneSearch does work differently than the old one. Librarians are always available to help you find what you need! Call, email, stop by the library, or we can stop by your office, too.
- You can find a link to Online Journals at K(OJK) under Library >Research Tools. This links to both our online and print holdings. If wedon’t have access to an article, OJK will link you to Interlibrary Loan so you can request it.
- Our new system will notify faculty through email when an item you requested for purchase is available. If you have suggestions for purchases, please let us know! You can contact Leslie Burke directly (email@example.com), or suggest a purchase through our website.
- We are working on a way new acquisitions will be featured on our website.
- We will be starting a Library Liaison program,where faculty departments are assigned to a librarian who can be your point of contact. Of course, you can always contact any of us, but this will ensure that there is one person looking out for you. And we are always available to visit you personally in your office – just contact us and ask!
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your investment in the success of your Library!