The Library is here for you this Spring Quarter! Things may look different, but our services are available.
Masks and Distancing
Masks are required in the Library building.
Please remember to socially distance while you are in the Library building, especially on stairways, the elevator, and in seating areas. Six foot distances are marked at service points like the Circulation Desk.
For more information about expectations and College plans, see the Kalamazoo College COVID-19 Information website.
Spring Quarter 2021 Hours
The Library is CLOSED Week 1 (March 28 – April 4).
Starting Week 2 (April 5, 2021):
Monday – Thursday: 9am – 9pm
Friday: 9am – 5pm
Sunday: 3pm – 9pm
You may request Kalamazoo College Library items through Library OneSearch.
- We will retrieve the books for you, and you will get an email when your materials are ready.
- You may pick up your items on a cart by the Reference Desk in the Library lobby during building open hours (expect a 24 hour processing delay).
- Locate items by your name and take your books from the cart. They have already been checked out to you!
- Please wear a face mask when picking up items to keep Information Services staff safe. Patrons are welcome to use the available hand sanitizer near the pick up cart when picking up items.
- At this time, we cannot mail materials. If you are not in or near Kalamazoo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a Reference Librarian will help you identify libraries and services in your area.
If you have a concern about your requests or need assistance placing a hold, please email email@example.com.
MeLCat and ILL
MeLCat and ILL will be available for faculty, staff, and students. You will receive an email when your materials are ready. Please follow the instructions above for pick up.
The MeLCat Visiting Patron service is temporarily suspended. Patrons from other MeLCat libraries are still able to request our books through MeLCat, but will not be able to check out materials in person at the Circulation Desk. Kalamazoo College students, faculty, and staff are temporarily unable to borrow materials in person from other MeLCat Visiting Patron participating libraries as well.
Please return all items (including MeLCat and ILL) in the Book Drop on Academy Street. They will be quarantined for 72 hours.
Print reserves are suspended during Spring 2021. Your instructor may have materials for your course on Moodle, Teams, or another platform.
We realize students need spaces for study, and are making some limited seating available. Study rooms and classrooms are not available for study during Spring 2021, but there is limited seating for study and at computers throughout the first, second, and third floors. Seating is first come, first served.
- Do not move furniture
- Stay six feet apart
- Wear your mask correctly at all times
- No eating or drinking
- Wipe down your study area when you leave with the cleaning wipes provided
Reference services continue remotely. Make a Research Rescue appointment with us and we can meet with you on Zoom or Teams! You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Archives and Rare Book Room
You can make an appointment to use materials in person in the Archives or Rare Book Room, or we can answer your questions via email, Teams, or Zoom. Contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other services in the building (Writing Center, ESL Help, Center for New Media Design, Media Services, Help Desk, etc.) have other hours and service changes. Please check their websites for details.